The 4850dr document reader is a full-featured imager designed to digitize paper documents for simple and efficient paperless processing, storage and retrieval. Unlike traditional document scanners, the 4850dr imager has no moving parts, requires no regular maintenance, scans barcodes, and comes with a superior three-year warranty.
- Digitize your paper documents for simple and efficient paperless processing, storage and retrieval.
- Captures crisp images of documents up to 8.5 by 11 inches (A4 format), regardless of the paper or text color.
- Use the integrated suite of easy-to-use image enhancement tools to sharpen text, improve contrast, reorient or magnify the image.
- Built-in auto-cropping and an array of file configuration options and compression functions ensure optimum image quality and file size for your application requirements.
- Scan and read all linear, stacked and 2D barcodes.
We designed the 4850dr imager to give you years of uninterrupted, trouble-free operation. It features a 100% solid-state technology, so there are no moving parts that can fail or require routine maintenance.
And combined with a full three-year comprehensive warranty, the 4850dr delivers unmatched reliability and a low total cost of ownership.
Illumination: Visible white LED, 434 nm and 556 nm Aimer: Visible red VLD, 652.5 ± 7.5 nm
Green (for good scan) or image
Host System Interfaces
TWAIN, SANE, USB 2.0 Serial Port Emulation
383 mm x 340 mm x 365 mm (15.1 in x 13.4 in x 14.4 in)
85 g (3 oz)
Weight - Stand:
2 kg (4.4 lb)
4.5 to 5.25 VDC
1.75 W (350 mA @ 5 VDC)
0.5 W (100 mA @ 5 VDC)
0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)
-20°C to 60°C (4°F to 140°F)
5% to 95% relative humidity, non-condensing
50 drops from 1.5 m (5 ft) distance (document imager only)
±8 KV direct, ±15 KV air
Area image (2592 x 1944 pixel array)
Horizontal field angle: +/-25.5° Vertical field angle: +/-20°
20% minimum reflectance difference
Pitch, Skew, Tilt
17 ppm minimum; 8.5 in x 11.0 in (A4) with image processing via TWAIN/SANE/SDKs
JPEG: Compression scaled form 0 to 100; BMP: Grayscale; TIFF: Binary, Binary Compressed (Group 4), Grayscale
Reads standard 1D, PDF, 2D, and Postal symbologies. Visit www.honeywell.com/aidc/symbologies for complete details.